Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Writing Contract

I'm taking the blog this week and posting a little early cause this news is too big for my little page and too big to wait till the weekend.

Harbourlight Books has notified me that they will be offering me a contract on the first two books in The Women of Valley View series.

I'm so excited. As writers we anticipate this moment when our dream finally comes true. My vision had me melted in a puddle of tears in front of my computer. Reality...I was too stunned to do anything but stare at the message while I read it multiple times to make sure I wasn't getting it wrong.

Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.(NLT)
Don't ever give up on your dreams, guys. God is faithful. That "desires of your heart" thing is a true fact. I'm walking out the door this morning with a prayer answered and a 25 year old dream fulfilled. God is SO good!!!
I'll post some of the details as I find out about them. Thanks to everyone who prayed and believed.
We'll talk soon!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sharon!!!!!

    I read your announcement of news on the ACFW loop and had to drop by to celebrate with you.

    I think sometimes the long wait just makes us appreciate the successes all that much more. All in God's perfect time, right? Enjoy your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your wonderful news on the ACFW loop and want to celebrate with you, Sharon. This is so encouraging for yet-to-be published novelists. Yes, all in God's perfect time. Love the scripture verse, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news! I hope to have that same feeling one day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Sharon! And welcome to Terry's client group. You'll love the support you find there.

    ReplyDelete