Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's here...It's here!! VACATION!
I told the Women when I gave into their request for the blog that vacation time was MY time. I'm out of town for the next two weekends, then my Grandson, Derrick, is getting married at the end of June. Add to that the deadline I'm working with Terri's story and my life is not my own for the next several weeks. Story entries for the main page will be sparse during this time, but there is still much to share.

Tonight I share Hawaii


I took Derrick to Hawaii in 2005. The picture above is on of the first views we had of the island. Beautiful huh?




This is Derrick after 11 hours in airports and planes. He's looking a little worn. Isn't it amazing that the thing you want the most can leave you less than thrilled. Sort of like writing deadlines! (BIG SMILE)



It didn't take him long to find something to perk him right up. His idea of perfect Hawiaan scenery was pretty girls and the mall.




My idea of perfection leaned more toward sunsets, beaches and lush green valleys.
But we managed to find lots to agree on and lots to do together.


And some things I chose to watch from a safe distance.
And in the end...
Derrick ended our week much like he started it.


***I hope you enjoyed our Island tour. Please check out the page tabs to the right. Karla has a new book for you to check out. Pam added a new recipe, and be sure to visit Terri's page. There is still a week left to register to win Journey's Edge By Dora Hiers. A comment on any page will get you registered. If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll come back. I hope you'll consider joining the blog.***

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pix. Looks like you guys had a great time. Enjoy your vacation, Sharon, and offer Derrick my congrats! Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo fun, Sharon! Wish I was going . . . WAIT! I am!!

    Just scheduled a trip there for November/December. Think I need to do some research, right??

    Aloha! --Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip. You'll have the time of your life.

      Delete