Friday, January 4, 2013

The Women's year in review



Sharon here this week, wrestling control of the blog away from the women for a new year update.


This time last year, Jan. 4th 2012, my nails were nubs as I waited for word on my first publishing contract. Would they like it? Would they take it? Would I finally realize my dreams? God gave me a resounding yes on that very evening when I received a note of congratulations from the editor who’d just finished reading Callie and Terri’s stories.


Enter the marketing and promotion mountain. At the time I got that contract, I barely had a blog, didn’t have a facebook page, and twitter and goodreads…NOT. Now you can find me at all of those places:

Connect with me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SharonSrock#!/SharonSrock
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/SharonSrock
Find me on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448789.Sharon_Srock



Callie became a reality on October 26th 2012. At this point in time I have no idea how sales are going, but I know that she has been well received by those who’ve read the story. Nothing, so far, but 4 and 5 star reviews.  I have been overwhelmed by God’s goodness.

In the weeks surrounding Callie’s release, she traveled to over 50 different blogs, she went on the radio, and we did eight book signing events where 200+ copies were sold, and we released a free PDF download to introduce Callie and her friends to the world. You can get that here:

 http://bitly.com/SmQmUs

The latest Callie news is that I’ve entered her in ACFW’s annual Carol Awards. I covet your prayers. The competition will be stiff.



Terri is set to release on 12 April 2013. She is currently in the hands of influencers and reviewers. You’ll see those reviews, here, as I receive them.






And here we are in 2013. Someone once said that everything old is new again. Even Solomon said that there was nothing new under the sun.


Wow, how true. 


Jan. 4th 2013. My nails are nubs as I await word on Pam’s story, the 3rd book in the series. Will they like it? Will they take it? Will my dream continue? Only God knows. 

I wrestled a bit earlier this week on where to go from here. Should I start on the 4th book before I heard word on the 3rd? Should I start something entirely new?


God sent an answer from His word. (Don’t you love it when that happens?) 

Genesis 15:6

“And Abram believed in the LORD; and the lord counted him as righteous because of his faith.” Now, God didn’t promise that contract, I’m not even going there. But, I did hear a very clear whisper in my heart to believe in what’s been promised and to stay faithful to the path he put me on.


There you have it. The women and I are expecting great things for 2013!


***Don’t read and run. Please take a few minutes to visit the page tabs to your right. Terri has an interview with Pamela S. Meyers. Pam is here to talk about Thyme for Love and Love Will Find A Way.  Leave a comment anywhere on the blog to be registered to win a copy of both of these books. Karla welcomes Clare Revell and Mary Ellis to her page for a sneak peak at their upcoming releases. Callie has a special devotion prepared for us by Penny McGinnis. Pam just posted a terrific recipe for a quick chocolate dessert.***

5 comments:

  1. "God sent an answer from His word. (Don’t you love it when that happens?)

    Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

    "Now, God didn’t promise that contract, I’m not even going there. But, I did hear a very clear whisper in my heart to believe in what’s been promised and to stay on the path he put me on."

    "...stay on the path he put me on."

    Hi Sharon, I agree! Here are my Bible study notes from January 2:

    John 2:19-22a
    19 Jesus replied, “Tear down this temple, and I’ll rebuild it in three days.”
    20 The Jews said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple. Do you really think you’re going to rebuild it in three days?”
    21 But the temple Jesus spoke about was his own body.
    22 After he came back to life, his disciples remembered that he had said this.

    "This Scripture reminds me that what God's Word says is true. When we read His Word, we are prepared in advance for what happens later. When we are in a situation, the Holy Spirit brings back to remembrance the very Word we need for the moment ~ either as a road map, a confidence, an assured confirmation we are on the right step on the path He has set us on ~ or to correct, to turn in the right way or direction. To stand firm. To wait."

    Blessings continued in the new year, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, Thanks so much for more confirmation.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this article of yours. GOD bless you as you continue with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete